Sunday, January 27, 2013

Egg & Sausage Breakfast Sandwich

A lovely little breakfast sandwich!

Being born in Hackney, part of the East End of London, England, I grew up eating the classic British breakfast, consisting of eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, blood sausage, baked beans and fried bread all on one plate!

When I moved to America in 1981 I was introduced to sourdough bread for the first time.  While I must say that I was not a fan of the stuff straight away, I quickly learned that it's unique flavor worked really well with other foods.

Try making this egg and sausage sandwich, with mayo on toasted sourdough bread!  Awesome!

If you live here in Friday Harbor, go down to Marketplace store, and introduce yourself to Adam the butcher.  He makes British bangers, and his recipe is to live for!  Fresh sourdough bread is available at Bakery San Juan.

Tip: When frying the sausage, take it out of the casing and butterfly it!  That way it will lay flat and cook quickly.

Bon Appetit!  Chef Hobbes

No comments:

Post a Comment