Thursday, January 19, 2012

Breakfast Hole In The Wall... To celebrate my 101st post today!

I posted this way back when I first started this blog, but I thought I would do it again!  You parents, this meal is good, and good for you, and it only takes 5 minutes to make, and the kids will love it!

First get a pan nice and hot (no non-stick pans please), apply some olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.

Make a hole in a piece of bread using your fingers or scissors, (I really like Bakery San Juan's sour dough for this).  When the butter has melted add the bread, and then crack an egg in the hole.  Season with salt, pepper and cayenne (a bit of cayenne makes this dish so don't skip it).  After cooking it for 2 minutes over medium high heat, flip it and cook another two minutes or less if you want the egg runny!

It's as easy as that!  Out the door in 5 minutes with a good nutritious meal...

Bon Appetit!  Chef Hobbes

No comments:

Post a Comment