Sunday, November 20, 2011

Kale Chips for My Friend Rose...

So here's a great little snack food dish that my friend Cynthia turned me on to.

Set your oven to 350*. Wash and dry a bunch of fresh kale, the flat leaf variety works better for this, like red Russian, Dino or white Siberian.  Now remove the stems and tear leaves into nice big or bite size pieces.  Place in a bowl and season with salt, pepper and chili flakes, and a good drizzle of olive oil.

Place leaves on a baking sheet and cook for around 15 minutes, turning the pan once.  They will crisp up like potato chips, but they are way better for you!

Kale can also be cooked like chard; see my older blog on chard with apples for the recipe.

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. We cook ours for 20 minutes at 250˚ and use a very light touch on the salt and seasonings....I can eat many trays of this stuff--it is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete